Monday, April 12, 2010

Excuse my language...

but I feel comfortable saying...I kicked ass this weekend!
I ran my first half marathon Sunday in the Go STL marathon/half marathon race. My goal time was between 2:10-2:15 and I finished at 2:09! I felt really good, like good enough where I am pretty sure my last 3 miles I was going at a 9 minute mile pace, crazy! About mile 6 my knees were starting to hurt but that went away quickly and I just felt strong. So many emotions were running through my mind as I came to the finish line and I literally almost started to cry. It has been such a difficult two years for me mentally, and this race just made me realize how strong I can be and how much I should be proud of. Yeah, I know it's only one race, but it is probably the most satisfying thing I have done in my life. This is why I love running, it pushes you and gives you a whole new oulook on yourself.
So, what's next? ...cough 26.2 cough... I'll get back to you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home